Facebook Twitter Google RSS

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Self Examination

Admin     10:08 AM  No comments

Everyone needs to undergo a self examination.


The apostle Paul admonished, “.” (2 Cor. 13:5) The self examination is for our own spiritual benefit. It is good for us! If I don’t quite measure up to what the Lord expects of me or if I have begun to slip, I need to know about it. Sometimes this slipping or drifting (Heb. 2:1) is so gradual that the individual barely notices it, if at all. This is why it is so important and necessary that this self examination be conducted on a regular basis. It must be done with honesty and with a desire to change where changes need to be made. We must be careful not to compare ourselves with others. (2 Cor. 10:12) We must measure our lives by the word of Truth. Please take a few moments to measure your life by the Divine Standard.
Everyone needs to undergo a self examination.
Everyone needs to undergo a self examination.


  • Do I ever deliberately miss a service (Sunday, and/or Wednesday)?
  • Do I visit and/or show concern for the sick?
  • Do I visit and/or send a note of encouragement to a weak brother or sister?
  • Do I make an effort to check on my brothers or sisters who were absent from the assembly to let them know that I missed them?
  • When going on vacation, do I inquire concerning places to worship? Do I skip Bible classes and Sunday night services while away on vacation?
  • Do I allow my children to attend dances or go to other places of sin, leave the house immodestly dressed and thus, put my stamp of approval on such sin?
  • Do I check my children’s lessons to make sure they completed them and do I question them to make sure they are learning Divine Truth?
  • Do I miss church services with some physical ailment and then go to work on Monday or engage in some other activity with that same ailment?
  • Do I speak words of encouragement to the elders and let them know that I appreciate them?
  • Do I find myself regularly complaining about what is “wrong” with the congregation, or instead of complaining, am I looking for a way to improve the situation?
  • Am I regularly looking for ways to serve God and others?
  • Do I pray, daily?
  • Do I study God’s word daily or do I use as an excuse that I am too tired after working all day?
  • Now, read Hebrews 10:25, Matthew 6:33, Matthew 5:16, Matthew 22:37, Hebrews 3:13, Galatians 6:1, and Galatians 2:20. Then, go through this self–examination again. How do you measure up?

What do you need to change? Remember, the Lord knows!

Posted by: Robert Notgrass

Admin


Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Ut odio. Nam sed est. Nam a risus et est iaculis adipiscing. Vestibulum ante ipsum faucibus luctus et ultrices.
View all posts by Naveed →

0 comments :

Text Widget

Recent news

About Us